Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
- 3-4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15 g dried black fungus, soaked and drained
- 25 g fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 4-5 Tbsp. chicken stock or water
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 green onion (scallions), diagonally sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. thin light soy sauce (to taste)
- ground white pepper, for spinkling
- a few cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir the garlic over a medium heat until light brown.
- Add the meat and stir until the meat is cooked.
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, thin light soy sauce and sugar and stir.
- Add ginger, black fungus, sweet onion and chicken stock or water. Stir for a few minutes.
- Taste, then adjust the seasoning if necessary. Stir in the green onion.
- Sprinkle with ground white pepper and cilantro leaves before serving.
Makes 3 to 4 Servings